Spring is finally here, and just in time for Easter! Here’s a few ideas (all egg-centric!) that can up your Easter morning breakfast and change the way you dye your eggs.
Does your Easter Sunday consist of a yummy breakfast and an egg dying session? I know mine often did. If you don’t waste perfectly good eggs you could use on Easter morning by dying them, try this technique to keep the eggshells perfectly intact while still being able to have eggs for breakfast!
See this super clear step by step process: http://www.wikihow.com/Blow-Out-Eggs
And…if you are looking for some ways to take your Easter egg creativity to the next level (and keeps things from getting so messy) Mommy-ish has some incredible ideas—think no more stained hands, a way to use up your extra nail-polish and more: http://www.mommyish.com/2014/04/07/easter-egg-ideas/
Easter Breakfast Casserol
Once you have all your eggs separated from their shells you are ready to start cooking! This casserole uses at lot of Midd Foods ingredients and is perfect to feed the whole family (and extended family) – just make more pans for a larger crowd.
- 1lb bacon
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup diced green bell peppers
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ~ 3-4 shredded red potatoes or 1 shredded white potato (or 16 oz thawed hash browns)
- 2 cups of milk
note: feel free to change up the vegetables that this recipe suggests – you can get creative!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7x11 inch casserole dish.
- Fry the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs and milk. Mix in cheese, bacon, onion and green pepper. Stir in the thawed hash browns. Pour mixture into prepared casserole.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes until eggs have set.
Start the egg dying party while you are waiting for the casserole to cook! Serve the casserole with a fresh fruit salad from your Midd Foods fruit bag, and you are ready to go.